Overdose Awareness Day - August 31
International Overdose Awareness Day (IOAD) is a global event held on August 31st each year and aims to raise awareness of overdose and reduce the stigma of a drug-related death. It also acknowledges the grief felt by families and friends remembering those who have met with death or permanent injury as a result of drug overdose.
Overdose Day spreads the message that the tragedy of overdose death is preventable. Wear Silver to show your support.
Learn more at https://www.overdoseday.com/
Local Event in Kenosha - August 31
- WHERE? Kenosha Human Development Services (KHDS), 5407 8th Ave. (grassy area north side of building)
- WHEN? Thursday August 31st 3 – 6 pm
- WHO? Anyone who is interested!
- Do you have a loved one that is using? Do you need information on local treatment options or Harm Reduction?
- Will supply needle exchange items, harm reduction brochures
- Onsight Naloxone training and Narcan
- Overdose prevention brochures
- Onsight HIV/Hep C rapid result testing
- Will provide Resource Information and handouts
- Peer Support/Recovery Resources
- Information on treatment options